Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Year in Review

2009 was an incredibly joyful year for me and held so many adventures...

January ended a month of Christmas parties with some of my very best friends, and the happiest Christmastime I have ever had. It also began a lot of hard work at Verbum Dei High School in Watts, California.


February began 6 months of intense running, a trip to Phoenix, AZ, and training 10 phenomenal high schoolers to run their first marathon.


In March, my best friend Andie came to visit me. We had our faces painted and danced in the streets to the music of Billy and Elton.


In April, I met Giada!!!


May and June were huge months full of a flurry of activity.

May had Dance Parties a plenty with Casa Pedro, a week of silence involving hitch-hiking and tree climbing, Bay to Breakers (possibly my favorite California experience.), running my second marathon (this time with 6 of my students and several of my dear friends and fellow JVs), and both of my brothers' graduations.


In June, I drove to Tennessee and went to the most wonderful musical experience of my life thus far at Bonnaroo. Then I drove to San Francisco and celebrated Pride Weekend with dear friends.


July held the best Fourth of July celebrations a girl could ask for.


August was full of some very hard goodbyes and a week of meeting bits and pieces of my new life.


In September I drove almost 10,000 miles from Delaware to California and back again. My brother joined me the first time. I worked with Naturalists at large for a month and Aimee and I became car/couch surfing professionals.

In October, I completed the journey home. Jay joined me, stopping in St. Louis to see the arch and plant some fennel. Also visiting Boulder and Chicago along the way. Back in Pennsylvania, Lee went kayaking with me and I shot a gun with him.



In November, I flew to Texas to see Andie and spent a lot of time building for Habitat and helping at their office in Dover.


I spent most of December catching up with precious friends (such as Linds, my fellow nattie) and Camille, who I have already told you about. And on the 30th all my lovely friends congregated at my home to bid me adieu. Pictures of gathering will come soon, I promise.

And Now?
See you in a week, South Africa.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Bec, what a fabulous year 2009 was!! I'm happy I was able to participate in some of your memories. Reading your "year in review" made me smile, particularly the mentions of B2B, 4th of July, and couch/car surfing. I hope your 2010 is just as wonderful!!
    xoxo,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me! Twice! Go best friends!!

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete