Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just a Few Updates

Shin's blog probably read this as well... but I wanted to share a quote with you from the Grade 6 Learners:

Sinead: And what is your favorite movie?
Learner: *zulu actor*
Learner: Brandie
Learner: Jean Claude Van Damme

What!? You don't know the Alphabet but you know who JCVD is?

In other notes.... teaching Oral English to grade 4 is extremely challenging. I LOVE volunteering at the orphanage (St. Theresa's). I work with Cottage 1, which is mostly 16 and 17 year olds. I really love working with teenagers. I also taught a computer class to Zulu adults at 1000 HCH yesterday. This year is definitely going to challenge my flexibility. I can do it, though!

We also had plans this weekend! We went to Durban with a few of the young parishoners from Kloof. (All men. Hah.) It was a very fun night but also was strange. I will write a whole post about it later.

And now, off to prepare birthday dinner for Father Jack. Good thing we have some Kanye and a few Hansas to keep us in good merriment. I love my life.

Usale Kahle!
Bec



2 comments:

  1. Jean Claude Van Damme made me laugh. Keep the peace beckster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of the updates so far love! Glad to hear life is good. xoxo

    ReplyDelete