Thursday, July 1, 2010

Three Little Birds

I’ve been listening to this Bob Marley song quite frequently recently. This month went by without even a blink. I really don’t know where it went, but my body feels its lingering presence. I think all of our exhaustion is at a pretty low point. So instead of waiting for rejuvenation, we create it for ourselves.

My own way has been to constantly continue the “Why I love…” list. So here are so more jewels for you (or for me):

  1. I love good beer. I love when the Shongweni man gives us a free one for being such frequent and regular customers. I love when we go to the Market and see old men drinking them before 10am because, well, who the hell cares.
  2. I love my roommates’ cooking talents and the development of my own. This week I made cauliflower fritters with my very own homemade tatziki sauce and an awesome greek salad. Sinead is currently cooking up a fabulous onion soup recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver.
  3. I love the way the air smells like winter (even when the smell really might just be the burning rubbish. I don’t mind.)
  4. I love the awesome gift of being able to share this experience with visitors (such as Sam, Shin’s family, Cat and Chrissy, Meg’s friends and all visitors to come). As many of you know, it is quite impossible to explain an inexplicable experience to anyone who has not seen it with their own eyes. So I am thankful for having a few people see for themselves what our lives are here and what the work we do is.
  5. I really love the new Durban Waterfront
  6. I love Woolworth’s picnics on the beach.
  7. I love going to breakfast with people I love after a long, long night out.
  8. I love finding my roommates amidst the crowds when we hearing the fateful opening beats of Toto’s “Africa” at a bar.
  9. I have never appreciated cheese so much in my entire life.
  10. I love face painting and I love paper mache.

No comments:

Post a Comment