Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Few Funny Moments

1. The Dancing Gogo of A Thousand Hills: After a long day at the crèche and clinic at 1000 HCH, as I was driving home I noticed a lone Gogo thumbin’ it on the side of the road. Begrudgingly, I pulled over to offer her a lift (imagine the rhythmic stylings of Paul Simon with Ladysmith Black Mombazo grooving in the background). She hopped, or more accurately – hobbled, into my car and immediately popped her hands into the air and started swaying and singing to the music. She said “This is nice music, my baby” and continued to dance for the next 15km until I dropped her off in Drummond. And I will never begrudge a Gogo in need of a lift again.

2. Gogo Gloria’s Advice for the week:

- Never travel alone. It is not nice. Especially when you are flying. You will see couples travelling together and it will make you feel very sad.

- It’s okay if I don’t marry until I’m 50. You have to wait for the right man. And sometimes you don’t find him until you are 50.

3. Loud Noises: In the silence of grade 4 hard at work on a worksheet about the 5 senses, a child let out the loudest fart I have ever heard in my entire life (even louder than yours, Campanelli).

4. He Who Must Not Be Named: I got to spend over 5 hours reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince aloud to Siya. My life is awesome. Also – the enraptured look on Siyabonga’s face was worth every minute of reading. AND he now is reading them on his own. Hell Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment