Thursday, May 6, 2010

I get knocked down, but I get up again...

... you're never gonna keep me down.


I figured I should probably include some semblance of an update about life in general and not just my emotional psychosis. So, here's an attempt:

1. My brother visited. (And I found no time to inform you! Sorry!) We went on safari at Hluhluwe and stayed at an awesome backpackers called Isinkwe. We also sang with the babies, turned Sam into a human jungle gym at St. Theresa's, drank a lot of brown drink, saw a movie, and were happy.

2. Meg and I have taken on a big project at 1000 Hills for the world cup. We are organizing 5 weeks of themed activities for the school holidays to provide the kids with a safe haven as an alternative to the streets (which host dangers such as abduction and human trafficking). We will give them two full meals and some (hopefully) awesomely educational activities. Shameless plug: if you want to donate anything for this please contact me at becster08@gmail.com and we can arrange something.

3. I have my ipod back. Music and I are once again happily reunited. And I am shamelessly into Will Smith this week, thanks to Sinead and her awesome iPod. I'm also in love with the book I am reading, which I am sure you could tell from my blog post previous to this one. And still want to bring Thobani back to the states with me. Man that kid is awesome.

4. Otherwise, I am going camping this weekend with the girls and some friends for Adam's birthday down the South Coast. I borrowed a sleeping bag that has climbed to the top of Kilimanjaro. Hopefully that's not the closest I come to Kili's summit.


Usale Kahle. I miss you all very much and you are always in my heart.


PS - I was pondering today in the car on my drive home from St. Theresa's how fucking great it is that I have so many 'best' friends. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life. I am completely serious. I am so infinitely blessed with you crazy people. A thousand time thank you.

1 comment: