Monday, June 21, 2010

Our Favorite Lessons

I thought in an attempt to give you some insight into our classroom life at St. Leo's and more recently for me in the 1000 HCH creche that perhaps I would provide you with some pictures of our favorite lessons and a brief explanation:

There is an awesome book in the St. Leo's library called The Gruffalo. Maybe someday if you are lucky enough I will read it to you. Anyways, we did an awesome project with grade 4 after reading The Gruffalo. First we talked about adjectives and then we each drew our own Gruffalo. Here are some of the finished results.



This particular project was one of my favorites... although I had nothing to do with it. But, I wanted to share it with all of you because of how awesome I think it is. So here is the Grade 3 Earth Day project courtesy of MK and Shin. They did a wonderful job if I do say so myself.





Sometimes we have days where we feel silly. That's what happened when we did the letter "H" with Grade 4. So we made hats and listened to music all day:



And of course we did several lessons of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Here are some pictures of our favorites:
Percival, Sizwe and Vuyani showing off our 2010 "South Africa Welcomes the World" Wall.
And below, our classroom beautiful decorated with the grade 3's Bafana Bafana Jerseys:




Also, in case you were wondering... yes. I hear vuvuzelas ALL the time. No, I don't own one. But I have tried blowing on one thanks to the boys from St. Theresa's:

No comments:

Post a Comment