Friday, March 26, 2010

There's far too much to take in here.

So I wanted to share some photos with you while I am on a computer that doesn't have a bandwidth limit....

This is my favorite little homie from 1000 HCH. His name escapes me, but doesn't he look like Wyclef?!

This is the view in my backyard. No, I am not joking. Yes you can come visit if you would like.


And these are the beautiful women I live with in the beautiful country we live in. We are so fortunate.
And now that the photos are done...


It's been so long since I've blogged a long entry about our adventures in KZN, and I am sorry to say that this one might be less than you'd hoped for, faithful readers. But, I will do my best. South Africa has a 3G internet allowance per month and our monthly quota has been run dry. So MK and I have ventured to Cdrive, the internet cafe down the road.

The past few weeks have been full of mayhem. Far too much for me to be able to explain to you in full. PBS was here for two weeks and when they finally left we had one weekend to ourselves. We decided it was time to get out of Durban for a bit. So we made the 2.5 hour trek to the Drakensberg Mountains.

We hike the Amphitheater and it was the craziest hike. I can't really explain it in words. It was about a 5 hour hike and it involved 200m of chain ladders down the side of a cliff and also some very extreme weather. I left the Berg with a very strong sense of community with the amazing women I live with and also with our 3 friends, Claire, Andrew and Mart. It was an awesome experience. I can't wait to share pictures with you.

We've been able to spend more time with the boys from St. Theresa's (the boys home in Durban). I love them so much! I feel so happy after spending the 2 quick hours with them. We learn so much from each other everytime we are together. I wish you could be graced with the absurdity of the conversations that Sifiso, Siyabonga and I have. The topics range in hilarity and seriousness. Last week we talked about predators and gay marriage. This week we spent a great deal of time discussing the weight of Lil Wayne's lyrics and Immortal Technique's mad skills. My anticipation is peaking about the South African hip hop cd that Sifiso is planning to make for us.

Living here is like a rollercoaster. We all experience the full range of emotions every single day. I can't explain it any way other than that. I feel so joyful and in the right place. And I love you. So I can't wait to share my experiences with you.
usale kahle,
b

No comments:

Post a Comment