Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Earth Day!


Let’s start off with a little Michael Franti to get us in the mood:

I don't need a passport to walk on this earth
Anywhere I go cause I was made of this earth
I'm born of this earth, I breathe of this earth, and even with the pain I believe in this earth


So I wake up every morning and I'm stepping on the floor
I wake up every morning and I'm stepping out the door
I got faith in the sky, faith in the one, I got faith in the people walkin underneath the sun


Cause every bit of land is a holy land, and every drop of water is a holy water, and every single child is son or the daughter of the one earth mama and the one earth papa

This time last year I was hanging out in Topanga Canyon in California celebrating the earth. This year I will be teaching Zulu babies how to tye dye and plant trees. Close enough J.

No comments:

Post a Comment